Subject: Kernel too Large for sun3/50???
To: 'Most Excellent' Eric Mehlhaff <mehlhaff@cryptic.cryptic.com>
From: Håkan Thörngren <hth@analytik.analytikerna.se>
List: port-sun3
Date: 02/17/1998 14:02:23
Eric> =09I'm trying to set up a sun3/50 I rescued from the junkheap to
Eric> run netbsd.  I just downloaded the netbsd1.3 install sets and
Eric> didn't see a diskless kernel.  The generic kernel gives me a
Eric> 'Kernel too large for sun3/50' error on boot up.  Could someone
Eric> build a diskless kernel for me, or point me to directions to
Eric> cross-compile a sun3 diskless kernel from one of my other
Eric> architectures (amiga/hp300/sparc/i386)?

I have a 3/50 up and running diskless at home, but I have not attached
any keyboard or monitor to it.  I have them, but I have not tried them
out so far.
It swaps as soon as you look at it.  It is very useless.. :-)
It takes 10-15 minutes just to launch emacs..  It wouldn't hurt to
have 4MB more memory... =20

According to the date on the back, it was manufactured on February 16,
1988.  In other words, it had its 10th birthday yesterday.  Yes!  I
made a cake at home and celebrated!

Anyway, I can build kernels for it if nobody else like to do it.  Just
give me a suitable config-files and tell me where I can ftp it.

  /H=E5kan