Subject: Re: Frame buffer / monitor problem
To: Rick Copeland <rickgc@calweb.com>
From: Matthew N. Dodd <winter@jurai.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 02/09/1998 12:54:10
On Mon, 9 Feb 1998, Rick Copeland wrote:
> I have tested the monitor on two other machines and it works very well
> (Sun 386 w color frame buffer and a Sun 3/80 with a mono frame buffer).
> The cgsix is in a Sparc 330 I just got recently and I am not sure if the
> frame buffer is bad or it does not support the monitor.

I know that some of the SBUS cg6 framebuffers support multiple display
modes (1152x900 or 1280x1024) and refresh rates.

It may be that the cg6 you have is set to a different setting thn the
monitor can deal with.

/*
   Matthew N. Dodd		| A memory retaining a love you had for life
   winter@jurai.net		| As cruel as it seems nothing ever seems to
   http://www.jurai.net/~winter | go right - FLA M 3.1:53
*/