Subject: X11R6.3
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Peter Koch <koch@pz.pirmasens.de>
List: port-sun3
Date: 12/24/1997 08:19:18
Hi!

I've compiled X11R6.3pl2 for NetBSD-1.3 on Sun3.
It is not quite complete, but for a first try, i've dropped
it on my ftp server. It is xmas, you know ;-)

ftp://ftp.pz.pirmasens.de/pub/unix/NetBSD-1.3/X11R6.3

My progress so far:
The xc parts work quite well. I'm nearly done with that.
Exception: the Xsun and XsunMono server. These do not
run. I'll fix that later.
For the moment, i've dropped Xsun.static and XsunMono.static
from SunOS onto the server. These might run (at least they
did on NetBSD-1.2!!!), but are not recommended (of course).

The contributed parts of X11R6 are a bit messy, but i've
compiled the nice and interesting things. I've not bothered
to compile the japanese stuff (sorry, can't use, can't even
test them) and many stupid demos, libraries and extensions.

I've started to compile my favourite other X11 programs,
but this is often tricky, please be patient. I'll drop
them in, as soon as i have done a reasonable amount.

Merry xmas and happy hacking!

Peter