Subject: Re: sun3x
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Craig Dewick <cdewick@lios.apana.org.au>
List: port-sun3
Date: 12/23/1997 18:04:12
In <Pine.BSI.3.96.971222131138.15888B-100000@pillbox.broder.com> jeremy@broder.com (Jeremy Cooper) writes:

>On Mon, 22 Dec 1997, Dr_George_D_Detlefsen wrote:

>> Is there a current compiled binary file set for the sun3x ???
>>
>> My sun3/80 is running a snapshot from6 months ago.  Will the
>> NetBSD-1.3 release include sun3x ???

>The sun3x will be included in the 1.3 release.  The port maintainer (me)
>has just been lazy about building snapshots -  it's a very excruciating
>process on a slow machine.  I am, as we speak, cross-compiling a snapshot
>on my faster SPARC 2.  It might be available in a few days.

Has anyone ever succeeded in modifying their 3/80 so they can fit a faster
(say 33 MHz) CPU and co-processor? I have a couple of pairs of 33 MHz
68030/68882's which I'd like to experiment with in a 3/80, but I don't know
if it's worthwhile trying to work out how to adjust the timing circuitry to
boost the CPU clock speed.

However, if it could be done, it would make the 3/80 a much better NetBSD
development base.

Regards,

Craig.

--