Subject: Re: Locating a hard drive & an OS
To: None <chapserv@pacbell.net>
From: David Brownlee <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 06/28/1997 01:19:17
	If the machine has a SCSI interfact (very likely, but not certain)
	then you should be able to hook just about any SCSI drive up to
	it. (If it has a tape drive then it almost certainly has a scsi
	interface :)
	If it has an SMD interface then you are poassibly more limited...

	If you have another unix box on a network to which you can
	connect the sun then you can network boot it without any disk
	(or with a new disk & then install onto that disk :)

	Is that an option for you?

	PS: If you do open up the machine & take any of the cards out,
	make a not of which went in which slot - it matters!

	PPS: The sun hardware FAQ (there is a link from the NetBSD sun3
	webpages) is a very useful resource!

	Good luck!

		David/abs

- "It was at that point I realised there might be a chance for myself as a
-  caring human being. Unable to decide whether to feel hopeful or disgusted,
-  I chose both and opened a bottle of wine to celebrate"