Subject: How do I run NetBSD on a Diskless Sun 3?
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Calvin Chu <diavolo@eecs.umich.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 06/24/1997 02:36:02
I got hold of a Sun 3/50 and a Sun 3/60.  There are no hard disks on
either machine and I have no access to any manuals or system software for
these machines.  I'm a complete newbie to this Sun stuff so I apologize.
Please help me out here if you can.

The Sun 3/50 has 4 MB of ram, a monochrome monitor, and keyboard.  The Sun
3/60 as yet has no monitor, no keyboard and has BNC video connectors (S,
R, G, B) in the back.... so I as yet havn't determined the amount of ram
it has.

Here are other machines I have, please email me suggestions and what
options I have to go about setting up these machines to run NetBSD.

1) A NetBSD/Amiga 1.1 system, no ethernet card.  I have root on this.
2) A FreeBSD Pentium system in close proximity with an Ethernet card.  I
do not have root on this.

What are my options here?