Subject: Re: sun3 ramdisk kernels
To: Michael C. Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
From: Jeremy Cooper <jeremy@broder.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 06/15/1997 16:00:43
On Sun, 15 Jun 1997, Michael C. Richardson wrote:

> [ Can't boot a kernel larger than 2MB ]

>   Maybe, I can reduce my kernel to 1.6Mb in size (0x1A0000) when the
> crunching is finished, but I'm hoping that there is a better solution,
> like linking the NetBSD netboot to a higher address.

Getting a bootstrap program to load to a higher address (such as
0x300000) requires some editing of the DVMA code in libsa and recompiling.
Make sure that you change the pre-processor define ``SA_MIN_VA'' in dvma.c
to a higher address.  (The default is 0x200000.)

That, plus changing the link address, should do it.

-J