Subject: Re: Why no outside access from NetBSD-Sun3 1.2?
To: Jeremy D. Worrells - 4097358 <jworrell@nunic.nu.edu>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-sun3
Date: 06/04/1997 16:47:09
On Wed, 4 Jun 1997, Jeremy D. Worrells - 4097358 wrote:

> The strange thing is that I can telnet out from my Linux boxes, my Windows box,
> or any other host here. Just the Sun 3/60 has the problem. It is also the only
> NetBSD box on site. It is also the only Sun 3/60 here. I cannot tell whether it
> is a Sun problem or a NetBSD problem. I think it is NetBSD, but I am not sure.

No, it's not likely to be NetBSD if you're getting `permission
denied' from the remote end. It has no idea what OS you're using.

Did you try asking the sysadmin of the remote site?

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite myst, software reverberates