Subject: Re: Sun3/160C question
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Eric Ulmer - SVN <Eric.Ulmer@servicenet.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 06/04/1997 09:27:50
Tom Trebisky wrote:

> > This is slightly off-topic, but I have the opportunity to pick up
> > a 3/160C and am wondering if it would be worth getting to run NetBSD.
> >
> > The biggest problem is going to be moving the thing. :)
> >
> > The description I've been given is:
> >
> >   The SUN is full size:  8 feet tall, 4 feet deep and 3 feet wide + array
> >   processor + terminal.  Weight ???
> >
> > Anyone think it's worth paying to have it shipped?

No, unless you are figuring in the cost of electricity to run that
beast. Figure $35.00 a month if you leave it on all day. Like the
other guy said, if you heat with electricity you could just use it as
a furnace in the winter. Conversely, if you have AC and run it in the
summer, figure in the cost of reversing the heat it will generate.
Those old disks are worthless too. It is kind of neat when the
cabinets shake after boot and the fsck is going on though.

--
Eric Ulmer, Network Consultant
ServiceNet Technologies (BBN/Andersen Consulting)