Subject: Re: Sun3/160C question
To: Michael K. Sanders <msanders@aros.net>
From: Henry W Miller <mill0440@gold.tc.umn.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 06/03/1997 16:24:54
On Tue, 3 Jun 1997, Michael K. Sanders wrote:

> The biggest problem is going to be moving the thing. :)
>
> The description I've been given is:
>
>   The SUN is full size:  8 feet tall, 4 feet deep and 3 feet wide + array
>   processor + terminal.  Weight ???
>
> Anyone think it's worth paying to have it shipped?

Where do you live, and how do you heat yoru house?  If you are an elf in
Santa's workshop and heat with electrisity, then it is worth it.  For the
rest of us, if you can't get a couple relatives to help you move it, then
it probably isn't worth it.

I understand these need either 220v power or 3-phase.  Check out the
power requirements if you plan to use it.

I think the place I work for still has one sitting around.  (probably
complete with boot tapes)  free to a non-profit org that wants to get it
in that case.  It's in Broklyn Park (Minneapolis), and you probably get
to pick it up.  (I can't garentiee that it is still there, but if you
know a non-profit that wants to get it, ask.  If you arne't a non-profit
org, the janitiers can probably "happen to open the door and let you take
it, but you have to figgure out how to talk them into that)