Subject: NFS, AIX 3.2, diskless sun3 and netBSD
To: Outbound News <outnews+netnews.comp.unix.aix@andrew.cmu.edu>
From: Earl N Crane <mystie3k@CMU.EDU>
List: port-sun3
Date: 06/02/1997 12:15:45
I am trying to install netBSD on a sun 3/60, and the only way I can
seems to be through an NFS boot off an RISC/6000 running AIX 3.2.

I have tried the little that I know, but I can't figure out how to make
the Sun boot off the AIX. Does it need to be configured as a diskless
client? How should it be set up if it's NFS booted.

Right now the Sun is trying to get its IP address, and I don't know how
to tell the AIX to give it one.

Please help!?

If there is a better way to get this OS on disk, please tell me!? I
don't have a tape drive that will work with the sun3's old SCSI, and I
can't get any other machines to read the sun's old SCSI drive.

Would it help if I were trying to do this off linux rather than AIX?
Does it make a difference. (I could get a linux box)

Please help!?
Earl Crane

-Please mail me with any responses.