Subject: Re: Got my Sun3 to boot NetBSD!!!!
To: Jeremy Cooper <jeremy@broder.com>
From: Tom Trebisky <tom@kofa.as.arizona.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/31/1997 14:25:50
> That second example should have read:
> 	>b sd(0,8,1) -s

For what it is worth, I had a 3/160 board that would not boot right
off target ID=1.  I think I could fool it by using b sd(0,16,0)
or some such, but then it wasn't consistent with the OS when it
was running.  It turned out that a newer rev of the boot rom fixed
the problem (I had several 3/160 boards and tried a newer, rev 3.0
rom on a hunch since all this didn't make sense).  Now it boots
target 1 fine as sd(0,8,0) - well actually now I boot sd(), but I
thought this might be worth mentioning in case someone else falls
into the same hole.  I think the buggy rom was rev 2.6.

One nice thing about the older rom was that it had more diagnostics
and an actual help screen when you typed 'h', I guess they dumped that
to make room for something else.

	Tom

--
	Tom Trebisky			Steward Observatory