Subject: Got my Sun3 to boot NetBSD!!!!
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jeremy D. Worrells - 4097358 <jworrell@nunic.nu.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/28/1997 16:34:27
Finally, after a long, tortuous process, my Sun3 has booted NetBSD!

Here's the story: I have a system with two disks. One had SunOS 4.1.1 on it
and the other was blank. Both were identical 1.2GB Seagate drives. Drive ID
0 was the SunOS drive. Drive ID 1 was the blank drive for NetBSD. For some
reason, I could not boot from the swap partition of drive ID 1. I spent a
lot of time tracking down the problem, but could not find anything wrong. I
just couldn't boot using

b sd(0,10,1)

I finally disconnected drive 0 from the chain and jumpered drive 1 to be
drive 0. b sd(0,0,1) worked. I am installing now.

Thanks all, for all your help these past few days. I appreciate it. I can't
wait to start using my new NetBSD/Sun3 system on a regular basis!

P.S. as a result of all the pain this machine has caused me, I am naming it
cretin. Appropriate I think.

--
Jeremy Worrells                 Undergraduate - Computer Science
jworrell@nunic.nu.edu           National University