Subject: re:SunOS cdrom
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dean Dillabough <deand@nortel.ca>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/23/1997 14:08:00
In message "SunOS cdrom", 'nick@stack.nl' writes:

>For everyone interrested:
>
>I've an original CDROM from Sun Microsystems SunOS 4.1.1.ul.
>It says that the format is in UFS.
>But with issueing the command:
>
>sunny:~#>mount -r -tufs /dev/cd0a /cdrom
>
>it generates: bad or wrong superblock
>
>What did I forgot, or is NetBSD not able to read the SunOS filesystem?
>
>Greetings,
>
>Nick Brok
>--

If I recall correctly, the few times I have mounted a SunOS 4.1.1 CDROM
under SunOS, it was done using the hsfs file type (High Sierra File
System, also known as the ISO9660 file system in some OSes). For SunOS,
the command was like:

mount -r -t hsfs /dev/sr0 /cdrom

Try using the different file system type specifier and see how it works.

                                                 Dean