Subject: Re: Sun3x Boot Tapes
To: Pete Plank <plankp@kic.or.jp>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@blackhole.arkham.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/16/1997 11:33:39
Pete Plank drunkenly mumbled...

> I'm wondering if anyone is willing to sell boot/install tapes for NetBSD
> Sun3x. I trashed my SunOS the other day, and I don't have a way to create
> the tapes myself. Can anyone help? I'm using a QIC-150 drive right now.

i've got a QIC-150 tape drive on my SPARCstation here at work, however i think
it needs to be cleaned or something, it doesn't appear to be working correctly.
if i can get it fixed and running, i'll make tapes for you, either you supply
the tapes, or pay for the tapes, and i'd be more than happy to do it for free.
hell, i might even be able to dig up spare tapes here at work to use, we don't
use the QIC-150 format anymore (only for the 3b2 machines that run our one
product, and even then we don't often have a need to make tapes for them)
and have quite a few tapes laying around.  anyone have some good instructions
for making sun3x tapes from a Solaris machine?

-brian

--
"Yes, evil comes in many forms, whether it be a man-eating cow or
 Joseph Stalin, but you can't let the package hide the pudding!  Evil