Subject: Re: Thanks for all the help. New problem...
To: Jeremy D. Worrells - 4097358 <jworrell@nunic.nu.edu>
From: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/15/1997 23:59:54
At 09:00 AM 5/15/97 PDT, Jeremy D. Worrells - 4097358 wrote:
>I want to thank everyone who has helped me with the SunOS/NetBSD install. It's
>great to have such a knowledgable group to talk to.
>
>I have a new problem. I got the Sun all cleaned up (it was underneath the house
>for at least 18 months). I installed the additional RAM for a total of 24 MB.
>When I plugged everything back in, I got bad memory errors:

Pull all of the ram except for 4mb.

Test.

Add 4 more.

Test.

Add 4 more.

Test.

You get the idea. Also, be very sure that they get seated properly and that
no dust or anything gets into the sockets.
--
XCOMM Kevin P. Neal, Junior, Comp. Sci.     -   House of Retrocomputing
XCOMM  mailto:kpneal@pobox.com              -   http://www.pobox.com/~kpn/