Subject: Installing NetBSD on SunOS 4.1.1 system
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jeremy D. Worrells - 4097358 <jworrell@nunic.nu.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/14/1997 14:57:57
Hi folks.

I just got my Sun 3/60. It came with 24MB RAM, (2) 1GB disks, QIC-24 tape, and
20" color monitor. One of the drives has SunOS 4.1.1 installed and running. The
other 1GB drive is blank, ready to install NetBSD. I have all the tarfiles for
NetBSD 1.2 and X11R6 and I am ready to go for the install.

Does having a working OS on the machine make my job easier? Could I just format
the blank drive and install the tarfiles? Or do I have to go through the mess
of making boot tapes?

Thanks in advance.
--
Jeremy Worrells                 Undergraduate - Computer Science
jworrell@nunic.nu.edu           National University