Subject: Re: need part # info
To: None <abs@anim.dreamworks.com>
From: None <wonko@madness.tmok.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/02/1997 18:10:18
David Brownlee drunkenly mumbled...

> 	You might want to check
> 	http://doener.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/FAQ/sun.hardware.FAQ
> 	and look for '501-1236', which _might_ be what you want.

like any good sun3 geek, i have the hardware FAQ on my machine here so i can
'grep' thgough it. :)  grep returns this:

501-1236   * 6U VME "Sun-3" SCSI host adapter

so i'll keep my eyes out, thanks.

> 	What you really want is an 'si' scsi controller, rather than an
> 	'sc' (the sc is a less capabale product and there is not currently
> 	a driver for NetBSD, though der Mouse is working on one)

i'm at work right now, so i can't check the part number, but each of the 3/180s
came with a SCSI tape controller, it;s the Xylogics Multibus in a Multibus-VME
adapter deal.  do these have any worth? or are they the 'sc' controllers you
are talking about.  i'd like to avoid these for hard drives anyway since they
are Multibus cards, but i was just curious about them.

thanks for the help!!

-brian

--
"Yes, evil comes in many forms, whether it be a man-eating cow or
 Joseph Stalin, but you can't let the package hide the pudding!  Evil