Subject: Netbooting Sun3 w/Linux?
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Carr <jcarr@rust.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/28/1997 22:02:50
This is most likely the wrong list to post this, but I have a quick
question...

I'm having a little trouble getting everything together to netboot my
Sun3... The HD died and I have a new one that needs a fresh install... never
had to do a netboot before with linux, and I'm not having much luck...

In order for rpc.bootparamd to run, it requires
/usr/include/rpcsvc/bootparam_prot.x from a SunOS box. I can find the
sources to rpc.bootparamd that I can futz with to get it to run under linux,
but I don't have access to bootparam_prot.x. Is there some way around this?

Thanks for any help in advance...

JC.