Subject: Re: Sun3x files are on ftp.netbsd.org
To: Jeremy Cooper <jeremy@broder.com>
From: Andrew Walker <andy@lysaker.kvaerner.no>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/25/1997 12:06:35
On Sat, 22 Mar 1997, Jeremy Cooper wrote:

> A GENERIC kernel binary based on NetBSD-current-03201997 and standalone
> bootstrap programs for NetBSD/sun3x are now available at:
>
> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/sun3x
>
> To repeat the instructions you will find there:
>
> NetBSD/sun3x shares the same binary sets as NetBSD/sun3 the exceptions:
>
> * a different kernel
> * a different ``libkvm''
>   (affects 'ps' and 'w') [ which do not exist currently ]
> * a different standalone bootstrap set
>
> Further details can be found on the site.
>
> -J

Thanks Jeremy :-)

Unfortunately I'll have to wait a couple of weeks before I can start
looking at this stuff. The NVRAM battery on my 3/80 gave up last week,
and it'll take 2 weeks to get a new NVRAM.

Looking forward to giving this a spin as soon as circumstances allow.

-Andy

Andy Walker                              Kvaerner Engineering a.s.
Andrew.Walker@lysaker.kvaerner.no        P.O. Box 222, N-1324 Lysaker, Norway

   ......if the answer isn't violence, neither is your silence......

(pwei barmy army - oslo "filial")