Subject: Installboot on a 3/60...
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@solon.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/24/1997 23:50:52
I'm really confused.

I've been trying to get a new disk to become bootable.  Currently, I
boot off of le0, and then use an fstab which uses /dev/sd0? as filesystems,
and the machine is healthy...

The situation:

1.  /dev/sd0a (target 2, actually) has /netbsd and /ufsboot.
2.  I run 'installboot /ufsboot bootxx /dev/sd0a' in single user mode.
(oops, rsd0a.)
3.  If I try to reboot, I get a strange page fault.  If I reset (k 2)
from the monitor, it will come up and say
	boot: ZZZ'ZZZ'ZZZ...
or something similar.  If I tell it to use netbsd, it gives a different
page fault.

I don't have any of those written down, but my impression is that, since
the kernel in question boots fine over le0, that I've done something
obviously wrong with ufsboot and bootxx, so if anyone can clarify for
me...

-s