Subject: Can't netboot with -current
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paulo Alexandre Pinto Pires <pappires@phoenix.del.ufrj.br>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/14/1997 10:49:04
Hello, all.

The machine is a 3/60, 12Mb RAM, NetBSD-current as of March 5th.
It boots from another 3/60, same NetBSD version, which runs fine.

Apparently, there's more than one thing wrong.  First, rc had
problems in creating utmp by running install from /dev/null.  I
changed it to a sequence of rm, touch, chown and chmod.  Then,
I started getting complaints about /var/log/xferlog, which
was easily skip with a simple touch /var/log/xferlog.  These two
were simply errors at boot time, but they didn't hang the machine.

But the kernel hangs at some point showing me this:

	pmap_fault: kernel_map & va < avail

	Kernel Breakpoint, frame=0xe003fa0

and panics, rebooting the machine.

This happens with both diskless and GENERIC kernels with this
diskless workstation and I could not find what is wrong.

I'd appreciate info about this problem and know if it would be
better to go back to 1.2, the formal release.

Thanks in advance.

---
	Pappires