Subject: Re: -current sun3x
To: Michael Thompson <m_thompson@ids.net>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/11/1997 10:36:10
On Tue, 11 Mar 1997, Michael Thompson wrote:

> I would like to learn how to compile a complete system.
> I only have a 28.8K dialup Internet connection so downloading
> the source tree might take a long while. Can I get source
> on tape?

Actually, if you decide you want to keep up with the latest sources
on a regular basis, at some point you'll probably want to bite the
bullet and use sup to download the full source tree. It's quite a
few hours the first time, but after that it downloads only the
changes, so you can update in a few tens of minutes every week.

Or a you may wish to wait a bit until anonymous CVS is available,
which will also give you the same ability, but also the ability to
revert to older versions of some files if that becomes necessary.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.