Subject: Re: -current sun3x
To: Michael Thompson <m_thompson@ids.net>
From: David Brownlee <david@mono.org>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/11/1997 13:22:05
On Tue, 11 Mar 1997, Michael Thompson wrote:

> [...Massive selection of sun3x equipment - ok, I'm jealous :)...]
>
> I would like to learn how to compile a complete system.
> I only have a 28.8K dialup Internet connection so downloading
> the source tree might take a long while. Can I get source
> on tape?

	If you can find someone willing to copy it onto a tape for you :)
	You can get a copy of NetBSD on CDROM
	(http://www.netbsd.org/Sites/cdroms.html), but that will only be
	up to NetBSD 1.2 (The sun3x port was added after NetBSD 1.2).

	For the sun3x you need a copy of -current - you can download
	the tarfiles from ftp.netbsd.org
	(/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/tar_files/) and then to track
	-current (if you so desire) you should download a copy of
	dup (/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/othersrc/sup/) and run it
	whenever you want to update to the most recent source.

	Certainly you should be able to compile up a sun3x kernel from
	a -current sun3 system.

		David/abs		david@mono.org

.---- I've been too drunk to love ----.-- I've been too drunk to remember -.
|          too drunk to care          |    the hell of the night before    |
|  looked like death, felt like hell  |   I've been drinking myself blind  |
`------ been the worse for wear ------'-- and still I'll drink some more --'