Subject: Re: -current sun3x
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Thompson <m_thompson@ids.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 03/11/1997 07:59:14
>Is or has anyone been using the -current sun3x port?  I'd like to get some
>rigorous testing and reports out of a wide variety of users so we can know
>what needs fixing/improvement.  I know one of the hassles about using
>-current is that you have to compile everything on your own.  If I was to
>provide a pre-compiled -current kernel on a semi-regular basis, would
>anyone be interested?

I just installed NetBSD on a 3/60. Other than my
lack of knowledge on BDS UNIX it seems to run just
fine.

I also have 2 3/460 servers and 5 3/80 systems at home.
I would be more than willing to test a pre-compiled version.
I have about 150 I/O boards for the 3/460 so I can build just
about any configuration of machine. I even have 3 different
types of SMD disks for the 451 and 7053 controllers. I have
MCPs, ALMs, 1/2" tape, SCSI disks, SCSI tape, SCSI CDROM,
P4 video, floating point processors, VME video, GP, GP+, GP-2,
VME Ethernet...did I miss anything?

I would like to learn how to compile a complete system.
I only have a 28.8K dialup Internet connection so downloading
the source tree might take a long while. Can I get source
on tape?

Michael Thompson
E-Mail: M_Thompson@IDS.net