Subject: Re: Netscape?
To: Ron Parise <parise@gelato.gsfc.nasa.gov>
From: Joe Greco <jgreco@solaria.sol.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 01/30/1997 12:17:40
> I have been looking for a version of Netscape that will run on a Sun3/60
> under NetBSD1.1/X11R6. There doesn't seem to be an executable for this
> combination but the netbsd docs imply that it can run Sun/OS or Solaris
> executables but I am at a loss on how to do that. I tried the Sun/OS
> executable for a Sun 3/60 and just got a incorrect file header or some
> such error message.
>
> Can anyone enlighten me or am I just out of luck!

Eh, I think what you probably saw is the fact that NetBSD/SPARC can run
(some?) SunOS SPARC executables.

Netscape is not likely to release Netscape for the Sun 680x0 platforms,
either running SunOS or NetBSD.

I would imagine it would be horribly slow, even if they did.  Netscape
is getting increasingly fat and piggy.

You may be able to find a way to build NCSA Mosaic, however, or one of
the other browsers.

... Joe