Subject: Re: serial ports, yadda yadda yadda
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
From: Mike Frisch <mfrisch@saturn.tlug.org>
List: port-sun3
Date: 01/20/1997 01:27:06
On Sun, 19 Jan 1997, Curt Sampson wrote:

> I used a 3/50 as my home router for a long, long time, and it works
> fairly well. Packet loss was not a problem. Nor was load, since
> the machine was dedicated to routing. (It wasn't usable for anything

I would guess that for a dedicated machine, it would suffice, but even
still, it's by no means a match for the lowest powered 386 with a 16550
UART.  Sorry guys, but it's one aspect of Sun machines which has been
horrible since day one and probably won't get better (since most corporate
sites would use a term server, anything).

Mike.

Mike Frisch	                        Email: mfrisch@saturn.tlug.org
Northstar Technologies                 WWW: http://www.io.org/~mfrisch
Newmarket, Ontario, Canada