Subject: Re: NetBSD/sun3x
To: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
From: Rob Deker <deker@digex.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 01/19/1997 20:35:21
On Sun, 19 Jan 1997, Michael Richardson wrote:

>   So, is the 470 a 40Mhz system or what? What's an I/O cache?
>   I'd love one of those (if anyone knows available ones...)

they are pretty hard to come by. Apparently Sun only made them for a short
period of time because of the marketing push for SPARC architecture. The
3/470 in some cases apparently ran faster than the 4/100 that Sun was
pushing. The 3/470 was codenamed "Pegasus" apparently. A friend found a
few a while back, but will not even THINK of parting with them. He may
have more info tho if people are interested.

rob

"Off the keyboard, through the CPU, | deker@digex.net
out the transceiver, down the rj45  | Systems Engineer
line, across the router, through    |
the Hub, out the gateway.           |
        Nothing but net."           |