Subject: serial ports, yadda yadda yadda
From: Wonko the Sane (Brian Hechinger) <wonko@madness.tmok.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 01/18/1997 22:10:25
ok, something just popped into my head while i was taking i shower.  when
i setup PPP on my i386 w/16550 running Linux i had to throttle the serial
port down from 115K to 38.4K because 38.4K got me better speeds.  i guess
even with the fancy hardware kludge called a 16550 FIFO an ISA based 386
can't handle high speed serial communications.  if i had remembered that
when i started asking about all this my question would have been answered
by me myself.  but, i learned a lot in the process, so it wasn't all bad.

yea, i am definitely going to put the modem on one of the SUN 3/180's

-wonko