Subject: Re: Modem should go on which machine
To: None <wonko@madness.tmok.com>
From: Ben Cottrell <benco@ucsee.EECS.Berkeley.EDU>
List: port-sun3
Date: 01/16/1997 22:48:35
Wonko,

I've never heard of the Carrera serial board--maybe it's super-fast-whizzy-
cool and you should use it :-) But overall, my experience has been that
Sun serial ports tend to be pretty wimpy--my first reaction would be to go
for the PC, but maybe other people on this list have more experience with
these things and will disagree :-) It's only a 28.8K modem, though...
for computers that routinely deal with many megabytes per second, 3
kilobytes per second is really not a big deal in any case.

Faxing is pretty much OS-independent; just grab a package like hylafax
and compile it.

Good luck! :-)
	~Ben