Subject: Re: Sun 3/60 [NetBSD 1.2] keeps on booting.
To: Rick Kelly <rmk@rmkhome.rmkhome.com>
From: Mark Newton <newton@communica.com.au>
List: port-sun3
Date: 01/14/1997 15:14:52
Rick Kelly wrote:

 > Scott Ellis said:
 >
 > >My 3/110 gets to the 'everything dumps core' stage after about 2 weeks,
 > >but I've never as a spontaneous reboot.  Do you have the eeprom setup
 > >to automatically boot a kernel, or is NetBSD actively rebooting itself
 > >rather than crashing?
 >
 > My 3/60 has been up for 15 days running NetBSD 1.2B from late November.
 > It will probably be up until the next time I sup, build, and reboot,
 > unless there is a poweroutage, which caused the last reboot.

Do you have si_options set to 5?

"everything dumps core" seems to happen with depressing regularity when si_options == 7
and not at all when si_options == 5.  DMA completion interrupt handler bug?

   - mark

---
Mark Newton                               Email: newton@communica.com.au
Systems Engineer                          Phone: +61-8-8373-2523
Communica Systems                         WWW:   http://www.communica.com.au