Subject: Re: Keyboard for Sun 3/150, 3/50
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Holo.Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-sun3
Date: 01/10/1997 11:58:49
> Is it possible to connect an IBM compatible keyboard to a Sun 3/150,
> Sun 3/50 and does anyone have the connection diagram they could
> share?

Sure, you can connect it.  It's highly unlikely it'll work, though.

The Sun keyboard interface provides +5V power and expects TTL-level
signals.  If you're using it with software that expects Sun-compatible
keystroke and mouse events, you will probably have to do protocol
translation as well as any electrical level translation this implies.
(I don't know the "IBM compatible" keyboard interface, but I would be
quite astonished if it were protocol-compatible with the Sun one.)

I'll be glad to describe the Sun interface in more detail, but not
here; I'm sure most of the list doesn't care, and the ones that do have
probably already found it in the hardware FAQ or something.

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca