Subject: Re: i have sun stuff!!
To: Wonko the Sane <wonko@madness.tmok.com>
From: David Brownlee <david@mono.org>
List: port-sun3
Date: 01/03/1997 11:47:26
	If these are sun3x machines they you can't currently run
	NetBSD/sun3 on them (I believe several people are working on
	this however :)

	You _really_ need to take a look at the sun3/sun3x archive
	(http://doener.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/), and the FAQ's there - they
	have a hell of a lot of useful info!

	Re getting serial access to their consoles - yup you should try
	a null modem cable with rx, tx & ground only, set the diag switch
	on the sun to on and use 9600/8/n/1!

	Good luck!

		David/abs	david@{mono.org,southern.com,mhm-internet.com}

System Manager: Southern Studios Ltd, PO Box 59, London N22 1AR.
Satisfied User: NetBSD, free Un*x {i386,sparc,mac68k,+more} 'www.netbsd.org'.
  System Admin: MHM Internet, 14 Barley Mow Passage, Chiswick, London W4 4PH.
         SysOP: Monochrome, Largest UK Internet BBS - 'telnet mono.org'.