Subject: Re: Sun 3/150 power supply problem
To: Rick Copeland <rickgc@calweb.com>
From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>
List: port-sun3
Date: 12/25/1996 11:52:16
>>>>> "Rick" == Rick Copeland <rickgc@calweb.com> writes:

Rick> I have a Sun 3/150, I would like to install NetBSD however the
Rick> power supply has failed. I have had no luck with Sun
Rick> Microsystems. If anyone knows of a place where I can get the
Rick> power supply fixed or purchase a working one it would be greatly
Rick> appreciated.

	When I got my 3/260, the power supply was also dead.  However,
it turned out that it was just the fan in the base of the power
supply.  Since the fans can be bought from a surplus store for $5, I'd
go that route first.  The Sun power supplies that I've seen in these
machines are large enough that I'm a little timid about their cost.

Dave.

|Mail:      dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca         |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |