Subject: Re: Booting Sun 3/60 via Linux (General)
To: Traveler <traveler@Neosoft.com>
From: Elijah L. Wright <ewright@multipro.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 12/17/1996 00:52:23
At 09:44 PM 12/16/96 -0600, you wrote:

>Thanxs for the file... I have gottten the sun booting NetBSD from the Sun 3X

3x?  A 3/60 is a straight sun3 architecture. At least, it was last time I
checked...  =)
Sun3x is the '030 line of machines that Sun made-  The 3/80 and the 3/4xx
machines fall into that category.

>archive - but after booting the kernel it tells me my clock is 365 days off
>and that I need to set it - then it just gives me "RPC timeout error". Do
>you have
>any idea what it needs at this point.
>Thanxs
>Traveler@Neosoft.Com

Don't worry about the clock thing too much;  just set it.  =)

The RPC timeout error is probably caused by an NFS server not knowing what
it is supposed to do.  If done right, it should "JUST WORK" (C).  =)  Make
sure you have a valid /etc/exports line for the sun3.

I take it that it is loading the kernel and then giving you the errors with
no further displays?  That is my impression of what you are saying.  Once
you get the NFS problem resolved, make sure that you have run the MAKEDEV
script in the (sun3) /dev directory.. That'll be the next thing that a
person could likely muss up.  (And common too...)

Elijah
ewright@Multipro.com