Subject: Re: multiple CPU cage?
To: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>
List: port-sun3
Date: 12/08/1996 20:32:20
>>>>> "Erik" == Erik E Fair <(Time Keeper) <fair@clock.org>> writes:

[discussion on multiple CPU VME chassys, deleted]

Erik> I'm sure you'd want to make sure that the power supply that you
Erik> feed that box with can supply all the power that such a
Erik> configuration can suck down, and make sure the fans always
Erik> work...

	My 3/260 and 4/260 both have the same powersupply, which seems
standard for this type of Sun.  I don't want to take it apart right
now to look, but last I remember, it sucked back ~13 Amps of 120VAC to
produce copious amounts of +5V.  So much so, that it has a 3/8" bolt
onto which multiple 10 guage wires are secured.

	Having seen the crazyness of some of the video boards (like
the TAAC-1 which generates a few thousand BTU), CPU boards are
relatively tame uses for the slots.

Dave. :)

|Mail:      dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca         |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.pci.on.ca/~dgilbert               |   are precisely opposite.  |