Subject: Re: AIX (ignoreable)
To: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
From: Per Andersson <ppan@celsiustech.se>
List: port-sun3
Date: 10/29/1996 17:55:28
On Fri, 25 Oct 1996, Erik E. Fair wrote:

> And to think that they had the sense to start with BSD UNIX on the RT,
> years ago...

That's not exactly the story I heard. I thought that they had something
they called AIX even then (but, like the i386 or BigIron versions the name
was what was most common between them). Then, when the three node setups
used to build an early version of the internet (ARPAnet?) the customer
demanded real BSD. (I can't remember what the setup was called either).
So they ported 4.2, for "academic environments".

/Per