Subject: Re: Sun 3y?
To: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
From: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 10/28/1996 01:13:37
At 05:51 PM 10/27/96 GMT, Ty Sarna wrote:
>In article <199610240118.VAA04231@life.merit.edu>,  <naamato@merit.edu> wrote:
>> Whoa!  I've never seen or heard of the "Sun 3y" architecture.  A sun3 with a
>> 68040 is definitely worth looking for; a fun and rare toy.  Anyone heard
>> anything more about or seen a 3y prototype?
>
>Never heard of "3y" before, but it could simply have been an Amiga 3000
>with an '040 board. Sun was apparently quite interested in the 3000UX at
>one point.

Mumblemumblemumble Commodore upper management mumblemumblemumble screwups
mumblemumble shouldbeshot mumblemumble.

This is true. I believe Amix (Amiga Unix: SVR4.2 w/ Sun3 4.1.1 emulation)
boxes were to become a new Sun workstation. Commodore upper management
screwed the deal, blowing yet another chance to take the Amiga somewhere
useful. Now where are they?

Out of work.

Where are the Amiga developers? Lots of them went to 3DO (smart move there,
anybody heard anything from 3DO recently? No? There you go).

mumblemumblemumble.
--
XCOMM Kevin P. Neal, Sophomore, Comp. Sci. \   kpneal@pobox.com
XCOMM  "Corrected!" -- Old Amiga tips file  \  kpneal@eos.ncsu.edu