Subject: Re: UNIX & Motorola MMUs
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 10/27/1996 17:48:47
In article <v03007814ae9630e7031c@[198.68.110.2]>,
Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org> wrote:
> stinking pile to SCO; kinda like how IBM created AIX...), oh, and
> Convergent Technologies! I was trying to remember their name last night.
> They had some wierd OS of their own. What ever happened to them?

Convergent did the AT&T UnixPC (aka 3b1 or AT&T PC7300), with it's
unique "cheese wedge" case (which seemed to show up everywhere on TV at
the time, especially on Miami Vice).  It ran SVR3.2 plus many BSD
extensions, and had a wierd in-built windowing system.  They were
working on a '020 based color version codenamed the P6 before it got
canned.