Subject: Re: Booting NetBSD for a Diskless Sun 3/60 from Linux Box
To: Robert Rusek <rusek@alpha.fdu.edu>
From: Elijah Wright <ewright@multipro.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 10/25/1996 11:44:37
At 10:45 AM 10/25/96 EDT, you wrote:
>After getting it's IP address through RARP and loading its NETBOOT
>image via TFTP, the NETBOOT loader requires a rpc.BOOTPARAMD to get its
>location of kernel file.
>
>Has anyone done this successfully?  What needs to be done on the
>Linux side to get it to reply to the "WHOAMI" rpc.bootparam request.

You need rpc.bootparamd for Linux. Get the Xkernel package from
sunsite.unc.edu in the pub/Linux/ directories.  system/Networking, I think.
Follow the instructions.  Rpc.bootparamd is often quite troublesome to
recompile.  I have an elf and an a.out version at home that I can send you
if you want.  Lance Tost ( i think ) used to have them on his web page.