Subject: Re: 3/60 SCSI Problem
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <naamato@merit.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 10/23/1996 00:46:58
> > Every so often, I take a can of compressed air, and blow out the dust
> > from the fan exhaust on the bottom of my 3/60, and along the back and
> > sides of the beast (under that plastic cover is a metal case with
> > louvered air intakes.
>
> That just blows the dust back into the machine.  You really should open
> it up and vacuum all that gunk out of there.  (Depending on which
> flavor of -3/60 you have, getting into the power supply is between
> trivial and tough after you get the top off.)

I recently cleaned my 3/60's fan area and was very impressed by the result.
My model has a "lid" that slides off the top of the power supply area (after
removing a few screws).  After pulling this lid off, I removed the fan and
cleaned the grille off with some anti-static spray, as it was caked heavily
with dust.  After the cleaning, the machine runs MUCH cooler.

I'd be interested in hearing about 3/60's built differently, as I've worked
with about a half dozen of them and they've all been built the same way.
And, what's this I hear about some late 3/60 models shipped with a 68030?
Wow!

Nick
naamato@merit.edu