Subject: Re: more ram problems
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jari Kokko <jkokko@tnso13.ntc.nokia.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 10/01/1996 14:31:16
Michael Richardson wrote:
>   We are getting:
>
>         Memory error on CPU cycle!
>           ctx=4, vaddr=0xe0f753c, paddr=0x29600
>           csr=d8<IPEND,IENA,CHK,ERR3>
>         panic: all bets are off...
>         Stopped at _Debugger+0x6trap type=0x0, code=0x155,v=0x4e0e8afe
>         kernel: Bus error trap
>         trap during panic!

This is exactly what I had about three months ago, I posted to the list
with "weird errors" messages. I had VERY strange symptoms in addition to
what you are reporting, like SCSI bus errors, dimly blinking leds, etc
ad nauseam.

Notice the "paddr=0x29600", does it stay the same? If so, it could be
the bad simm right there.

My problem was cured by taking all simms out and puttinh them back
again. Apparently a bad contact somewhere.

Jari Kokko