Subject: faster Sun3s
To: None <m68k@NetBSD.ORG, sun3-port@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ocunix.on.ca>
List: port-sun3
Date: 08/29/1996 14:49:26
  I am finding my sun3/60 to be rather slow. I've been tempted to
buy an Alpha, or a P5, or just a couple of 486s (my SO needs a computer,
and I feel I should at least appreciate the strenghts of the commodity
operating systems).
  Alas, I find the intel to line to be a loss, the Alpha too uncertain (I
want a faster system, not another experimental box), and the whole lot too
expensive, particularly when I realise I then have to start compiling
up all my utilities again, etc.. I already have a 386 and 486
running NetBSD for more utilitarian purposes.
  A recent question about booting HP320s reminding me though... HP9000/425s
have nice fast 68040s. And then there is NetBSD/Amiga... all run NetBSD/m68k!
And, all available used.
  Given the choice, which one should I buy? I suppose I could put 3/80
on my list too, but I know it needs work.

--
   :!mcr!:            |  Cow#1: Are you worried about getting Mad Cow Disease?
   Michael Richardson |  Cow#2: No. I'm a duck.