Subject: Re: more netboot questions
To: Jeff Foster <jmfoster@backson.corp.sgi.com>
From: David Brownlee <david@mono.org>
List: port-sun3
Date: 08/09/1996 10:56:57
	Have you set the domainname on the sgi box - a while back I was
	netbooting my IPX from an sgi and bootparamd would not work
	without a domainname set. I did not have the 'domainname' binary
	on the sgi box for some reason, though it should be on the irix
	CD. If not the following might be useful:

main(int argc,char **argv)
    {
    if( argc<2 )
        {
        puts("Need domain name");
        exit(3);
        }
    if( setdomainname(argv[1],strlen(argv[1])+1) )
        perror("Failed");
    }

	    Good luck!

                   David/abs             (david@mono.org)

.---- I've been too drunk to love ----.--- I've been too drunk to remember -.
|          Too drunk to care          |     The hell of the night before    |
|  Looked like death, felt like Hell  |    I've been drinking myself blind  |
`------ Been the worse for wear ------'--- And still I'll drink some more --'