Subject: Re: xconsole
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@latour.sandelman.ocunix.on.ca>
List: port-sun3
Date: 08/06/1996 19:30:03
    Gordon> We will eventually have a "ttyaction" enhancement to getty
    Gordon> that will take care of the chown for you.  My preference

  The only reason I can see wanting this is to chown /dev/audio for
you. That I think is better solved with network audio ($AUDIO). And,
XDM is far more useful anyway.

    Gordon> /dev/console only for init and logging).  That way, things
    Gordon> work correctly even if you have a graphics head AND you
    Gordon> want to use the serial line as the console. (Great for
    Gordon> debugging!)

  Ah, but if you are going to have ttya be the console, then users
logging into the keyboard/framebuffer might *not* have permission to
redirect the console, since they are not using it.