Subject: SV IPC
From: Sherman White <shewhi@federal.unisys.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 08/01/1996 08:13:20
hi,

My understanding was that the latest version of NetBSD 1.1  included
system v type ipc (message queues, shared memory, semaphores). The GENERIC
specification under /sys/arch/sun3/conf omits "options" for system v ipc.
I noticed that some of the other ports have them, so i copied the options
to a modified GENERIC file (called MODIFIED), ran config(8), followed by
a "make dep" and a "make", yet when I boot the new kernel and issue an
"ipcs" command, I still get a "SVID system V messages facility not
configured for use with system" message.  In addition, during bootup, I
get a "savecore: cannot find device 0/0 message".  Obviously I have
rebuilt the kernel incorrectly...

Can anyone tell me what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

//
// <
//  >herman