Subject: more data points
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ocunix.on.ca>
List: port-sun3
Date: 06/22/1996 16:51:10
  Good way to get system into *bad* state: reboot, let it sit for
awhile (httpd runs a bit, btw), and then login as root on console (so
I can reboot nicely), su to me, then:
  rxvt -display latour:0.0 -T Amaterasu &
  !!
  !!

  windows come up, but btw the time the .cshrc is read the system is
hosed, and the commands that are run in the .cshrc Bus error, or
Illegal instruction out.
  I can then try whatever post-mortem we want, (which should involve killing
syslogd, "break trapsignal", "write pmap_debug 0xffffffff", and "write
mmapdebug 7", followed by "more .cshrc")
  I wonder if I should try my formula for crashing with some other
debug options on? I have not yet understood how to do the "which page
is wrong" that Gordon has suggested.

   :!mcr!:            |  Cow#1: Are you worried about getting Mad Cow Disease?
   Michael Richardson |  Cow#2: No. I'm a duck.
 Home: mcr@sandelman.ocunix.on.ca. PGP key available.