Subject: Re: cgfour0 giving a BIG display with Xsun
To: None <sellis@rohan.sdsu.edu>
From: Don Koch <aardvark@krl.krl.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 04/29/1996 10:33:27
> The problem is, when I try and use Xsun, I get a BIG mono display which
> looks like it's made out of periods.  Hard to explain..it's maybe 64x64
> resolution, in mono.  Very odd.  I checked the eeprom settings (using
> eeprom),
> and set console=color, scrsize=1152x900, rebooted, and nothing changed. ;-)

Realize that the default background screen is the black and white stipple
pattern you're seeing.  After starting X (via xinit or startx), try
something like "xsetroot -solid red".

If you've tried this and still get only black and white, see what X is linked
to (xinit uses X, not Xsun or XsunMono).  Also verify that Xsun isn't a link
to XsunMono.

Also try "X -help" for more options (like forcing the use of a particular
frame buffer.

-d