Subject: Re: help the newbie?
To: Michael Richardson <mcr@gateway.sandelman.ocunix.on.ca>
From: PeeWee <peewee@zerby.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 04/06/1996 18:58:51
In previous mail, Michael Richardson spewed forth:

>   Moreover, most systems will boot from 150mb drives. A number of
> years ago Dyane Bruce <db@diana.ocunix.on.ca> reworked the two 60Mb
> SunOS tapes into a single 150Mb bootable tape.

Well, the drive on the 1+ is a 150, the one on the sun3 is a 60 and I trust
neither of them to be able to do their job, let alone get along with each
other.  Accordingly, I think that I am going to have a shot at an NFS load.  I
started poking around for the appropriate Linux documentation and I haven't
really found a whole lot (yet).  I have my in.tftpd(8) man page, the bootpd
source distribution, some heavily Linux-specific docs on getting a Linux box
to netboot from another Linux box and the NetBSD install.txt.  I think that I
have enough to get started with it.

In any case, I am stonewalled until I either make a chunk of cat5 long enough
or, god forbid, physically pick the machine up and move it next to my hub.  :)

Thanks for the help thus far,

PeeWee

--
"my visions have gone far away from this place, they've dissolved" sbld sympny
http://www.zerby.com/peewee  WORK jwright@netrex.com PERSONAL peewee@zerby.com