Subject: Re: mouse pads
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ty Sarna <tsarna@endicor.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 04/05/1996 06:02:26
In article <Pine.SUN.3.92.960404190125.27863N-100000@huitzilo.tezcat.com>,
Jeff Mickey  <jmic@tezcat.com> wrote:
> 	No...M.S. up'ed the dpi of the mice...at one point..the sun3 mice
> are older..300dpi?. The narrow strips are 400 or 600...umm dont quote
> me..:)..but older mice dont work with "narrow" pads...ive tried.

Well, I just tried, and it worked fine.  My Amiga's Boing! mouse (a
third party mouse that's essentially a Mouse Systems bus mouse converted
to have an Amiga-style DB-9 connector) pad works with my 3/60's
RJ45-connected (this is the oldest type, I think) mouse, and the Sun pad
works fine with the Boing!.  The Boing! pad is smaller and the lines
look twice as close together as the big Sun pad.